This General Practice is research active
Conducting high-quality clinical research helps us to keep improving NHS care by finding out which treatments work best. In this practice, you might be asked to take part in a clinical research study. Alternatively, ask our staff about clinical studies suitable for you. Taking part in a clinical research study is voluntary and can be a rewarding experience.
To find local clinical research studies, go to:
To find out more about clinical research in the East Midlands visit:
To read about other patients who have benefitted from taking part in clinical research visit: http://www.crn.nihr.ac.uk/can-help/patients-carers-public/patient-stories/
The Practice is delighted to announce that it has been awarded The Carers Pledge Certificate for its commitment and contribution to carers
The Practice makes the following pledge:-
- We will maintain a carers register.
- We will ensure information relevant to carers is of good quality and accessible.
- We will invite carers for the annual flu vaccination.
- We will be appointing a Carers Champion to assess ways in which we can improve support and be the first point of contact for issues of concern.
Practice staff have all been officially deemed as “Dementia Friends”
Anybody can be a dementia friend. A dementia friend learns a little more about what it’s like to live with dementia and things you can do to help someone with the condition.
GPs can help to support a person with dementia in the following ways:-
- General advice on ways of preventing illness and promoting fitness
- Medical advice and treatment
- Referrals to specialists and other services
The practice will put everything that has been learned into everyday practice to support our patients with this condition